Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 11/14--- Henna

Today's topic is Henna.

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Henna is a temporary tattoo, it lasts anywhere from 10 days to 3 weeks. I could go into more detail, but it is nearly midnight, and I'm tired.

Anyways, I got a free henna done the other day, I figured its pretty, and it is harmless. After all, it disappears in 3 weeks.

Well, Henna isn't that harmless after all. Not if you have to get it off in a hurry.

It turns out i have 1 week for my tattoo to disappear.

And thanks to wiki how, yahoo answers and various other 'how to' websites. I am (hopefully) on my way to being Henna free!

Here are some techniques listed.

1-Soak the tattoo in salt water for 15 minutes, everyday until it bleaches off.

2- Go swimming everyday, the more chlorine the better.

3-Keep area well moisturized, it helps remove excess skin.

Sounds like good ideas.

And I'm sure they are, But I discovered a different way. Thank you to whoever randomly decided to try this out then post it online.

Toothpaste.

That's right, tooth paste can get rid of Henna.

So everyday since I got my tattoo, I have spent 15 minutes scrubbing toothpaste all over it.

And it works surprisingly well!

If you ignore that I am probably rubbing off the rest of the skin with it, and I will probably end up with a giant bruise.

Well, the price of Beauty!

The moral of the story, Always get tattoos in places where you can hide them. Just in case.
----------------------------------
~~Tattooed Pixie

14 Days gone.
8 to go.

(pictures will come soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment