Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 3--Plaid

I feel it necessary for today's blog to be about the biggest trend this season.

Plaid.

Yeah plaid, like what the lumberjacks wear, but on *real people. Like this.



Plaid has invaded the runways, everyone is trying to get their hands on it. From Marc by Marc Jacobs to Liz Claiborne.

Plaid is it.
And I am not exaggerating. It is everywhere.

Which is why I feel the need to write about it today.

Now don't get me wrong, i love plaid as much as the next person, but it is just so overdone! I couldn't turn one page in 'Teen Vogue' without seeing it. Couldn't walk through one store in the mall without being blinded by the overwhelming amount of red plaid shirts, dresses, and jeans.

Just the quantity of the print is terrifying. Take a good look at the models shown above.
Now try to tell me that it doesn't look like those models have been eaten by an angry lumberjack.

uh huh. That's what I thought.

Although I must say, plaid is one of those amazingly versatile prints. It works for every season, every event.

A bright blue plaid in summer is fun and playful. A red plaid in winter is cozy and warm.

But that is the problem. It is all red plaid. red. not blue, or yellow, or green.

It just seems so wintry. Like something you wear while sitting in front of the fireplace.

And hopefully I'm not alone in trying to postpone winter for as long as possible.

Which is why I will be sticking with my hot pink bubble dresses and leather peter pan boots for now.
----------------------------------------------------
~~Pretty Plaid Pixie

3 Days gone.
19 to go.


*I'm not trying to imply that lumberjacks aren't real people, I just can't think of a better word right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment